Explore Our Programs
Undergraduate Degree Programs
The Department of History at Eastern Kentucky University offers two programs leading to the Bachelor of Arts degree:
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in History (Teaching)
Our program is very personalized and can offer you:
- Small class sizes (student/professor ratios of 20 to 30:1);
- Wide variety of history courses offered regularly;
- Active student organizations;
- Opportunity to gain "hands on" professional experience through course-related research and our co-op program;
- Nationally and internationally recognized and published professors.
If you are majoring in another discipline but love History, you may want to consider a Minor in History.
Graduate Degree Program
The Deparment of History offers "excellence close to home" with our Master of Arts in History program. This program offers the same great faculty, small class sizes, highly individualized attention, and career counseling that our undergraduate program offers. We also offer Graduate Assistantships to select students who work with faculty members within the department in a teaching setting. E-mail our Chair, Dr. Chris Taylor or our Graduate Coordinator, Dr. John Bowes for more information about our graduate program or visit the Graduate School to apply today!