Master of Arts in History
"Excellence close to home" is our Hallmark!
The Department of History at Eastern Kentucky University offers you:
- Small class sizes (student/professor ratio of 12:1);
- Personal interaction with nationally and internationally recognized and published faculty;
- Career and professional counseling;
- Assistantships working with faculty in teaching areas and on research projects;
- Opportunity to gain "hands-on" professional experience through course-related projects and our co-op program.
Our Master of Arts degree offers two options so you can design the program that works for you:
Find the program that is right for you!
Admission Criteria and Deadlines
Rolling program admission deadline but G.A. applications due April 15 for fall semester and October 15 for spring semester.
Clear admission to our program requires:
- A 2.75 overall undergraduate GPA or a 3.0 in your last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- GRE scores of 153 verbal and 4.0 on the analytical writing portion of the exam
- An undergraduate major or minor in History or a major in a closely-related field
- 3 letters of recommendation